Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clerk V - Central (75% FTE)
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 27596
Openings as of 3/23/2019
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical
- Clerk V - Central (75% FTE) JobID: 27596
- Position Type:
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical/Clerk
- Date Posted:
Special Education For Fiscal Year:
- This position is 75% FTE (Full-time equivalent).
- Communicates with customers to answer questions, disseminate or explain information.
- Organizes and maintains files of records and correspondence of both a routine and confidential nature.
- Answers telephones, directs calls, takes messages, and responds to phone inquiries.
- Types and proofreads reports, correspondence, and forms.
- Computes, records, and proofreads data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Maintains and updates filing, inventory, mailing and database systems.
- Opens, sorts and routes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Troubleshoots problems involving office equipment, such as copier, facsimile machine, and computer hardware and software.
- Makes travel arrangements for office personnel.
- Makes and confirms appointments as directed and maintains calendar or schedule.
- Communicates with campuses and departments to obtain information as necessary.
This position requires a High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year of related experience.
This position requires incumbent to have mental alertness, adaptability to office routines, and competent clerical skills. Incumbent must have knowledge of general office practices and equipment, ability to read and interpret data, good word processing and proofreading skills, accuracy in data entry and record keeping, ability to deal effectively with public and co-workers and excellent telephone and oral communication skills. Prefer incumbent has a typing proficiency of 30 wpm.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Incumbent performs varied and complex clerical and/or budgetary support duties in a central office setting requiring tact, accuracy, timeliness, judgment, organization and excellent customer service.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Performs other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Services are often performed in a crowded and congested area where frequent interruptions are encountered by telephone, the general public, students and/or parents. Computer use is required, and prolonged use may result in repetitive hand motion. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
Incumbent reports to appropriate supervisor or director, and has no supervisory responsibilities.
Incumbent will often consult with related departments in Austin ISD concerning student data and
records as well as the Central Office concerning financial matters. Outside agencies and business
concerns are often contacted concerning student data, supplies, etc.
Duty Days: 218
Pay Grade: CT5
Starting Salary: $14.86/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer