Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clerk IV - School - 50%
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 28228
Openings as of 3/23/2019
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical
- Clerk IV - School - 50% JobID: 28228
- Position Type:
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical/Clerk
- Date Posted:
Paredes MS For Fiscal Year:
- This position is part-time (50%) with benefits.
- Assembles and organizes statistical data and types in final form. Enter test scores as necessary.
- PEIMS Data: Data entry for all student data
- Clerks research all PID error reports
- Add at risk students as necessary
- May use Texas Education Agency (TEA) website to view and make changes to student information.
- May be responsible for campus attendance, using TEAMS (Online Attendance Program).
- Responsible for posting notes for absences on TEAMS for teachers.
- Assist with class rosters, in order to promote perfect attendance.
- Types reports and correspondence from dictated audiotapes and rough drafts.
- Elementary campus clerks, with the assistance of the secretary, may be responsible for registering/withdrawing students, preparing paperwork (accumulation folders), and assigning students to classroom.
- At the elementary, middle school and junior high campuses, clerks may assist with nursing duties, when the Nurse or SHA is not onsite.
- Assist with student medications (i.e., providing inhalers).
- Assist and monitor ill students.
- Assist with immunizations (i.e., updating records).
- May work closely with Food Services to prepare lunch applications.
- May work with CPS (Child Protective Services), TEAMS, discipline, and truancy issues.
- May be responsible for tracking teacher absences.
- May serve as telephone and front desk receptionist. May prepare tardy slips for students.
- May assist in overseeing the work of student aides.
- Prepares, processes, and accounts for purchase requisitions.
- Prepares, processes, and accounts for warehouse requisitions.
- Obtains and releases substitutes for teachers and clerical personnel.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six (6) months of related experience.
This position requires mental alertness, adaptability to office routines, a pleasant and cooperative attitude, and good telephone skills. Incumbent must have a working knowledge of office machines and competent clerical skills including good proofreading, data entry, grammar and arithmetic. Prefer incumbent has a typing proficiency of 25 wpm.
Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Incumbent performs varied and complex clerical and/or budgetary duties requiring tact, accuracy, timeliness, and judgment. Incumbent is responsible for data entry, campus attendance, and assisting campus administrators as necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Services are performed in a standard school setting, which can be sometimes crowded and noisy, affecting job concentration. This position at the campus level is typically located in the front office, where there are frequent interruptions of the work process and peak workloads occur periodically. This position involves continually typing and filing, so incumbent will spend the majority of time standing and/or sitting. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
Incumbent reports directly to the principal and may receive instruction and training from the principal, assistant principal or school secretary. Incumbent may assist in overseeing the work of student aides. Incumbent will consult frequently with staff members and other AISD central office personnel; provide guidance to parents, vendors, suppliers, and other outside agencies.
Pay Grade: CT4
Starting Salary: $13.95/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer