Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Classified Substitute 2019-2020
at Austin Independent School District
Pay: up to $10/hour
add $10 to the base rate of pay<br> Incremental 2 61+ days of service
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 29889
Categories: Education - Faculty
Openings as of 8/17/2019
08 - Substitute
- Classified Substitute 2019-2020 JobID: 29889
- Position Type:
08 - Substitute/Classified / Clerical Substitute
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
04/17/2020 For Fiscal Year:
- Basic operation and procedures in assigned program/function.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Attend Substitute Orientation - Individuals do not receive pay for attending orientation. Orientation invitations are sent to the email address listed in your application once New Hire paperwork has been completed. All notifications are through email.
- Fingerprinting - Please do not start this process without receiving notification from the Substitute Office. Fingerprinting fees range from $48.00 - $50.00 and are the responsibility of the applicant. If you have already completed the fingerprint process for another public education institution in the State of Texas, the TEA may determine you do not need to be fingerprinted again.
- Complete all new hire paperwork online - Prior to attending Substitute Orientation, upload transcripts or proof of the highest level of education completed. Acceptable verification include: Official College Transcripts (original documents include a university seal/signature and state “Official” not student copy), or High School diploma/GED.
- Bring documents for I-9 to Substitute Orientation (Most applicants bring Driver’s License/Passport and Social Security Card). A Social Security Card is required for hiring purposes. YOU MUST BRING ORIGINALS. Names on both documents should match each other.
- Final Approval Email - After you have submitted all required documents, attended Substitute Orientation, and have been selected to become a substitute, you will receive an automated email from Aesop. This email provides your login credentials and allows you set your preferences and see substitute jobs. AISD hires substitute employees on an as-needed basis and not all applicants who attend orientation will be hired.
- We appreciate your interest in becoming a Classified Substitute for AISD.
- AISD hires based upon current district needs and not all applicants qualify.
- Only complete applications will be considered. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed and are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Qualified applicants will be contacted via email.
- Applications will continue to be reviewed throughout the school year.
- Applicants hired are required to work as many substitute jobs as possible.
- Active substitutes who resign for any reason must reapply as a new applicant.
2019-2020 JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A substitute is available to work in place of a regular employee when that employee is out on leave or in a vacancy while that vacancy is in the process of being filled. Classified positions: teacher assistant, office staff, security guard, one adult assigned to one student, ISS monitor, or any position that does not involve working in place of the teacher.
This position requires at least a High School Diploma or GED. Classified/Clerical Substitute applicants must submit proof of a high school diploma* or GED.
*Transcripts from out of the country must be evaluated for US equivalency as required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). The following link will provide a listing of approved credential evaluation services
Some experience related to working with children is preferred. Have basic to strong office skills, knowledge of programs such as Excel, Word, Office 365, answering phones, filing, organizational and communication skills are all preferred.
Services are generally provided within a standard classroom environment or in a normal office setting. Some movement throughout the classroom is generally necessary to facilitate learning (e.g., standing, walking, stooping, bending, sitting, and/or kneeling). Light lifting of materials and other objects associated with a classroom/office environment is required (e.g., books, teaching aids, up to approximately 20 to 40 lbs.). The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
CLASSIFIED SUBSTITUTE SALARY
Daily Rate of Pay for Classified Substitutes
$70.00 High School Diploma or GED / up to 59 college hours
Incremental 1 31-60 days of service, add $10 to the base rate of pay
Incremental 2 61+ days of service, add an additional $10 to the base rate of pay
$5.00 Substitutes will receive an additional $5.00 for working on Fridays
(Exceptions: Administrators, Non-teaching Professional, Classified Retiree)
Classified positions do not receive long term pay.
STEPS TO BECOMING A SUBSTITUTE
Once your classified substitute application has been approved and processed, the Substitute Office will send you information via email regarding the following required items that must be completed in order to become employed with Austin ISD:
The transcript reflecting the highest level of education is all that is required. For example, if you have college hours, then we do not need a copy of your high school diploma, only college transcripts.
Complete list of acceptable documents available here: