Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Care Assistant II (2020-21 SY)
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 7/11/2020
06 - Student/Parent Support/Teacher Assist
- Child Care Assistant II (2020-21 SY) (Current AISD Employees Only) JobID: 32817
- Position Type:
06 - Student/Parent Support/Teacher Assist/Child Care Worker
- Date Posted:
Casis ES For Fiscal Year:
- Supervises children closely to ensure safety and security.
- Plan, prepare materials, and implement daily learning activities with children.
- If working with infants/toddlers, assist children with all physical functions such as feeding, diapering, toileting, walking and standing.
- Observe and document developmental progress of children.
- Maintain a neat, sanitary, and attractive classroom and playground area.
- Ensure safe handling of food for children.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the object and purpose of the minimum standards for licensed day care centers.
- Interact frequently with children, showing affection, interest, and respect.
- Obtain the required clock hours of training annually as mandated by TXDFPS and/or NAEYC, exclusive of C.P.R. and first aid.
- Supervise and support part time employees.
- Communicate daily with parents regarding their child’s daily activities.
- Keep supervisor aware of the progress of children and concerns of parents.
- Conduct parent-teacher conferences to share children’s developmental progress with parents.
- Demonstrate understanding of the object and purpose of the NAEYC Standards and Criteria (as applicable for NAEYC accredited Infant/Toddler programs).
- Supervise and plan activities, indoors and outdoors, that maintain a positive atmosphere for the children.
- Secure and maintain school facility in an orderly, neat, and clean condition.
- Ensure daily records are maintained for staff and children, including maintaining children’s attendance.
- Meet and collaborate with other staff to plan activities and provide support to staff as needed.
- Ensure groups have supplies and snacks on a regular basis.
- Consult with school staff regarding student needs.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED. Child Development Associate Credential or equivalent, or progress toward credentialing may be required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood or related field desired.
One (1) year of experience working with infants and toddlers is required if working in a Child Development Center. One (1) year of experience working with school-aged children is required if working in after-school program. Current first aid and cardio-pulmonary respiration (CPR) certifications may be required.
This position requires knowledge of the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services (TXDFPS) Minimum Standards and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards. The incumbent must have the ability to meet state and/or accreditation requirements for education and experience. Incumbent must demonstrate the ability to work with groups of young children in a positive manner. Employees in this position must be able to relate to children and adults with courtesy, respect, acceptance, and patience. Employees in this position must demonstrate compassion and a caring attitude towards children and their families. This position requires knowledge of positive guidance techniques and ability to prepare lesson plans and imaginative group activities. Incumbent must have an understanding of developmentally appropriate behavior, activities and milestones.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position assists in supervising and planning activities for children in an Austin ISD-operated Child Development Center. The position may work in an afterschool program with school-aged children or at a child development center with infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children. At high schools, this position provides child care services for children of students in a Teen Parent Program.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in a classroom setting, though some outdoors activities are required (e.g., field trips and recess require activities outdoors). Position requires sitting, standing, stooping, bending and lifting children. Position requires sitting on the floor and having the ability to transition to standing/walking in a prompt and safe manner. This position may involve exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to a lead teacher, Principal, Community School Program Specialist, or Child Care Manager, depending on assignment.
Pay Grade: CT3
Starting Salary: $13.09/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer