Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 27694
Openings as of 3/18/2019
03 - Professional: Central Office
- Business Analyst JobID: 27694
- Position Type:
03 - Professional: Central Office/Analyst
- Date Posted:
Internal Audit For Fiscal Year:
- Governmental accounting
- Generally accepted accounting principles
- Statistical theory & methods
- Internal controls
- Programming languages, including scripting languages
- Business history/theory/best-practices
- Fraud methods and investigative techniques
- Other audit standards and frameworks (GAGAS, IIA, ISO, COSO, etc.)
- IT security frameworks (NIST, COBIT, ISO27001, FISMA, PCI, etc.)
- Advanced audit techniques
- Databases & computer science
- Data mining
- Data warehousing
- Data modeling
- School district organizational practices and history
- School district activities in-school or extracurricular
- Regulations for school districts - education, privacy, IT, HR, Finance, nutrition, etc.
- General grant-funded program requirements (EDGAR, OMB Uniform Guidance)
- Excel (DB reports, Macros, VisualBasic, etc.)
- SQL & Crystal Reports
- R, python, or other languages for statistics/data analytics
- Business Intelligence - Oracle, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS
- DB systems - Oracle 11, MySQL
- ERP systems - Lawson+Landmark, KEVSchoolCash, Kronos
- Server systems - Windows Server 2012, Redhat Linux, MacOS Server, SCCM
- Education enterprise software, including Texas Education Agency software
- Perform special projects as requested by the Director of Internal Audit in accordance with requests from the Board of Trustees.Projects are mostly autonomous and many are large, heavily complex and extremely diverse from each other. Typically, these are business-process analyses where data-driven analysis can be the instigator, solution or center of the project.
- Analyze business systems and operational processes to complete root-cause analyses and determine the workflows of the District, important points in a system and possible controls that exist or should exist. A particular emphasis is placed on closing or creating feedback loops to align incentive structures and allow employees to have the capabilities and capacities to perform their duties.
- Assist the Internal Audit Department in its evaluation of changing operations, merging/consolidating functions, breaches of compliance, fraudulent events, internal control effectiveness and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Review results of work and evidence obtained to yield conclusions upon data, work papers and inquiries for an improved understanding of possible procedures (whether for the Internal Audit Department or otherwise), the business climate, notable incentives and departmental trends.
- Collaborate with the Internal Audit Department to share, document and provide a robust base of knowledge for the Department and the District.
- Assist with other Internal Audit Department activities as needed such as regular audits of high risk accounts and activities, and developing an annual audit plan.
- Communicate with employees from a broad range of departments and management levels, to convey and to inquire for knowledge of related projects as well as to summarize the results of work performed.
- Small amounts of travel outside of the District (training/conferences) is typically required.
- Occasional travel inside of the District to various school campuses or departments is also required.
- Assist in the development of an annual audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management.
- Assist in the implementation of the annual audit plan including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by the Director of Internal Audit.
This position requires a four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of experience in positions that included structural business analysis, business process analysis, auditing, data science, process or quality control, accounting, statistical analysis, computer science, education or other relevant experience. A Master’s degree may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
This position requires critical thinking, the ability to research insights and learn with autonomy, and significant self-motivation while handling multiple concurrent priorities that vary greatly in size and subject matter. Differing traits can have special strengths for this role, as many different methods are possible for resolving each project. A preferred incumbent would have knowledge of some of these related areas:
This position requires the ability to organize and analyze information from a variety of sources and in a variety of formats, and the ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Multi-dimensional data-modeling is a plus, but not required. Incumbent should have a working knowledge of personal computers and their software including Microsoft Office. A preferred incumbent would also have knowledge of relevant tools such as:
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for planning and executing evaluations of business processes to help Austin ISD accomplish objectives and improve operations. Additional work may include special investigations or audits, including school audits, to determine breaches in District policies or financial accountability.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position involves working in a normal office setting with no unusual physical demands or exposure to hazardous situations. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or bodily fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the Director of Internal Audit. This position will provide regular guidance for a variety of levels in Austin ISD. Incumbent will have little consultation outside of Austin ISD personnel. Incumbent is expected to maintain a positive and effective relationship with employees and supervisors, as well as communicating effectively with colleagues.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: CP4
Starting Salary: $55,577.60/Yr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer