Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Budget Analyst Lead
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 8/18/2019
03 - Professional: Central Office
- Budget Analyst Lead (Current AISD Employees Only) JobID: 30801
- Position Type:
03 - Professional: Central Office/Budget Analyst
- Date Posted:
Budget For Fiscal Year:
- Maintain full accountability and management of various departmental and/or program budgets, including monitoring, verifying and reconciling expenditures.
- Utilize financial/accounting systems to prepare financial documents as needed using spreadsheets, word processing or presentation applications.
- Act as a liaison between internal departments to provide budget guidance and cost accounting information.
- Provide district-wide budget support and training throughout the year for new users and experienced personnel.
- Provide information and solutions to problems and/or questions related to budgeting to all internal customers.
- Work with academic and other program area staff and gain full understanding of program areas’ financial needs. Perform site visits as appropriate.
- Maintain accuracy of the position control system for departments and work closely with the Position Management team and Human Resource staff to reconcile any differences between the position control and pay systems.
- Lead and organize the planning for training, creating training materials, conducting both campus and district-wide training and facilitating training related to budgeting.
- Provide analysis and timely responses to budget and financial open records requests and ad-hoc projects.
- Coordinate and lead budget analyst team procedures and projects to ensure maximum outcomes.
- Support the Budget Office’s responsibility for long-range district financial planning.
- Lead district-wide, semi-annual salary adjustment reconciliation project comparing budget to actual expenditures.
- Assist in creating and maintaining department Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Provide information, training and support to Budget Analysts.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Accounting and/or Finance. Financial analysis, planning and budgeting years of experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis. Incumbent must have a minimum of three (3) years of related experience and demonstrate high financial analysis skills. Experience with budget administration, budget/financial analysis, planning and forecasting is preferred.
This position requires the ability to analyze problems, identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions. Incumbent must be able to utilize software applications to manage, extract and analyze data to facilitate reporting and reconciling analysis. Incumbent must possess advanced analytical skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Pivot Table software applications. This position requires excellent customer service, communication, and writing skills.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY
This position supports the Budget Office in establishing, monitoring, and accurately reporting budgets for all departments in the Austin Independent School District.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Services are generally provided in an office environment. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
Incumbent reports directly to the Director of Budget. Incumbent will have regular contact with other Austin ISD employees.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: CP4
Starting Salary: $26.72/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer