Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Supervisor Special Education
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 30928
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Education - Faculty
Openings as of 8/18/2019
05 - Administration: Central Office
- Administrative Supervisor Special Education JobID: 30928
- Position Type:
05 - Administration: Central Office/Administrative Supervisor
- Date Posted:
Central Admin Building
- Date Available:
08/12/2019 For Fiscal Year:
- In alignment with department goals, establish the mission, goals, operating guidelines, and short- and long-term strategies for the assigned area
- Responsible for the provision of technical assistance and professional development in assigned area.
- Develop, recommend, and administer policies and procedures in assigned area.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and exercises expenditure control in assigned area if appropriate.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate personnel in assigned area. Create and implement professional development activities for department and campus staff in assigned area based on campus trends and data
- Create and administer standards for compliance, reporting, and data management in assigned area to ensure the Austin ISD meets local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Gather input and collaborate within district departments, across campuses, and among community stakeholders related to assigned area
- Facilitate the revision of handbooks, manuals, brochures, forms, and other publications in assigned area.
- Create and compile data reports from district wide data systems.
- Communicate data trends to the director and staff as appropriate with special focus on district wide goals.
- Monitor and ensure compliance and continued improvement for State Performance Plans.
- Participate in mediations and due process hearings related to Texas Education Agency complaints.
- Coordinate with outside agencies for wrap around services.
- Provide written and verbal information related to programs, policies, laws and regulations in assigned area.
- Initiate and oversee continuous improvement supports for students in assigned area.
2019-2020 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
This position requires a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with five (5) years of successful experience in special education. Mid-management, Supervisor, or Principal certification may be required.
Incumbent must have demonstrated planning, management, and supervisory skills and be knowledgeable in Federal, State, and local special education law, regulations, and rules. This position requires good interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of management. Incumbent must have working knowledge of personal computers and applicable software. Spanish and English fluency in reading, writing, and speaking may be required or preferred, based on specific assignment.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
In the assigned area, the incumbent assists the Director of Special Education at the district level in providing supervision, guidance, and technical assistance to staff working with special education students. Incumbent has responsibility for assisting in making data-driven decisions, setting direction, supervision, and review of program performance, coordination of activities, and reporting of results to supervisor. Incumbent is responsible for policy recommendations, interpretation and implementation to ensure compliance with rules, regulations and policies. Incumbent provides professional leadership for department staff and represents the district’s interest with parents and the community. This position must be available to assist campuses on a daily basis and offer technical assistance via phone and campus visits. Assistance with Extended School Year (ESY) programming may also be required.
Performs other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made if necessary.
This position involves working in a normal office setting with no unusual physical demands or exposure to hazardous situations. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Special Education. Incumbent meets with the Director of Special Education on a regular basis to receive guidance, provide status reports, address issues, and discuss budget, staffing, etc. Guidance received from supervisor through regular meetings is relatively detailed; however, incumbent generally makes numerous significant decisions. Incumbent has daily interaction with other Austin ISD administrators, staff, and outside agencies.
Duty Days: 230
Pay Grade: A05
Salary Range: $75,000-84,500
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer