Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Supervisor- School, Family, and Community Education
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 27418
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Education - Faculty, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Openings as of 3/19/2019
05 - Administration: Central Office
- Administrative Supervisor- School, Family, and Community Education JobID: 27418
- Position Type:
05 - Administration: Central Office/Administrative Supervisor
- Date Posted:
Community Ed (Local)
- Date Available:
09/10/2018 For Fiscal Year:
- Provide vision, leadership, and oversight in planning, building, implementing, and evaluating School, Family, and Community Education initiatives that are aligned with the principles and practices associated with the School, Family, and Community Education model.
- Serve as support lead for assigned department programs, K-12.
- Perform classroom observations and staff evaluation as needed.
- Collaborate with district and community partners to develop new planning and implementation teams to support departmental projects/programs.
- Facilitate and promote existing community school efforts and partnerships, and provide district partners with the assistance necessary for growth of community schools.
- Work collaboratively with other district leadership staff to align resources, articulate services and communicate effectively across departments within the District – thereby ensuring district-wide support for schools and improved understanding of and access to services for children, youth and families in AISD.
- Make recommendations for policy related to School, Family, and Community Education and district-wide collaboration to District Administration and the Superintendent.
- Develop governance and operational structures that are representative and collaborative, with leadership and appropriate management staff from the City, County, school district, campuses, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, business, higher education, philanthropic partners, families, communities, and other stakeholders to ensure the following:
- Institutionalization of the School, Family, and Community Education approach in the District
- Fiscal sustainability
- Compliance with district policies and practices as well as any laws or codes
- Regular oversight and accountability
- Strong coordination of services that are integrated and aligned to schools
- Adherence to best practices
- Equity and accessibility to services
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Work collaboratively with other city, county, state and federal agencies to remove barriers and improve access for the District’s children, youth and families to the programs, funding and resources of governmental organizations.
- Work collaboratively with a wide array of nonprofit, faith-based, educational and philanthropic organizations to ensure, to the extent possible, that these resources are aligned with the District mission and strategic plan and that children, youth and families served by the District have access to a seamless web of services and supports that facilitate student achievement and well-being.
- Facilitate cross-boundary relationships between school sites and District departments to support the integration, effectiveness and efficiency of academic and learning supports, services and resources to school sites and community partners; including the Office School Leadership, the Parent Support Office and as a strong team member within the Department of Communications and Community Engagement
- Facilitate planning and implementation of professional development programs for District and campus staff in reference to School, Family, and Community Education by accessing internal and external professional development resources.
- Serving as a representative and/or facilitating district-wide initiatives and planning groups as directed by district administration.
- Initiate and collaborate on development and writing of grant proposals and submission of reports to funding sources to support programs and services for students and their families within the School, Family, and Community Education framework.
- Participate in the evaluation of the School, Family, and Community Education initiative to determine fidelity to plan and the efficacy of the effort in achieving program and District goals and objectives.
- Work with external and internal evaluators as required. Provide regular reports to district leadership.
- Provide oversight for Jumpstart, Twilight, Ignite, and the Achieve Programs
- Implement program designs
- Oversee Budget
This position requires a Master’s degree in education and a valid Texas Principal or Mid-Management certificate. A minimum of three (3) years of successful secondary classroom teaching experience and three (3) years of successful experience as a secondary campus administrator are also required.
This position requires demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex problems. Incumbent must be able to work effectively and build collaboration at school sites and central administrative levels. Incumbent must have the ability to analyze detailed information, coordinate projects and programs, work with others in a team environment, organize and maintain records and manage time and resources effectively and efficiently. This position requires effective communication/presentation skills and skilled use of Microsoft Office; ability to use technology proficiently, preferable with cross-platform experience. This position also requires knowledge and skill in the use of personal computers. Incumbent must understand how to analyze data and use results to facilitate instruction. Incumbent will demonstrate leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, new and experienced teachers, parents and administrators. Incumbent must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to prepare, receive and provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Administrative Supervisor of School, Family, and Community Education oversees the development and sustainability of the School, Family, and Community Education model across the Austin Independent School District. This role is designed to support campuses and partners that have instituted School, Family, and Community Education practices in AISD, help campuses work with partners to create new efforts, and facilitate the development of an integrated system of supports for children, youth and families served by AISD. By its nature, the role works with the City, County, community-based organizations, business faith based organizations, higher education, families, communities, and other stakeholders to develop collaborative governance and operational structures that support a School, Family, and Community Education framework. This includes, ensuring the sustainability of the framework, providing oversight and accountability, developing agreed upon standards of practice for partnerships and services provision, and engaging in ongoing evaluation. Incumbent will solidify partnerships both within and outside of the District, enhance communication, and optimize the use of internal and external resources to reduce barriers to learning for AISD students.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in a normal office or school setting. This position requires sitting, standing, lifting, and may require travel to campuses. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports directly to Executive Director of School, Family, and Community Education. Incumbent will have regular contact with administrative and professional staff.
Duty Days: 230
Pay Grade: A05
Salary Range: $75,000-$84,500
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer