Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Supervisor - Project Management (2020-2021 SY)
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 33553
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - Project / Program
Openings as of 7/11/2020
05 - Administration: Central Office
- Administrative Supervisor - Project Management (2020-2021 SY) JobID: 33553
- Position Type:
05 - Administration: Central Office/Administrative Supervisor
- Date Posted:
School Leadership Academy For Fiscal Year:
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with core project teams, including collaboratively meeting with district and campus leaders, and external stakeholders.
- Develop and execute on detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Develop implementation plans for projects, including outlining and executing on short and long-term strategies that better align district and campus systems to support an evidence-based, contemporary model of supports for students’ social and emotional health, and facilitate rigorous research to assess progress of the district’s efforts to ensure all students read on grade level by 3rd grade.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of projects.
- Prepare periodic, written reports for upper management and funding partners regarding the status of projects.
- Design materials, presentations, and reports for internal and external audiences on a wide variety of topics based on immediate need.
- Serve as a liaison between district leadership, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct in-depth research to analyze and interpret information and prepare recommendations for an effective course of action.
- Actively pursue professional growth and development to keep abreast of current educational trends and research.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Communications or Public Administration, or a related field. A minimum of five (5) years of experience is required. Experience working with school districts is required and with public/community organizations is preferred.
This position requires demonstrated mastery of communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) as well as evidence of strong analytical, critical-thinking and judgment skills. Incumbent must have an understanding of current and emerging issues in education, specifically academic integration with non-academic teaching and learning, culture and climate, and social and emotional learning. This position requires demonstrated ability to work closely with senior administrators and their staff as well as the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families, and communities. The ability to work in a self-directed manner within a fast-paced, deadline-driven and complex environment is required along with proficiency with current technology to perform duties. Incumbent must have the ability to manage projects and synthesize a high volume of information with attention to detail. Incumbent must have strong personal initiative, problem-solving skills, creativity, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. It is preferred that the incumbent have an extensive knowledge of Austin ISD programs, central office procedures, and community systems. It is preferred that the incumbent is familiar with Smartsheets.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating district partnerships and special projects in support of academics and social, emotional and mental health initiatives. Incumbent will work closely with the Associate Superintendent of Academics and SEL and Executive Director of the Office of Innovation and Development in project management of several projects, including but not limited to the grant-funded human-centered design project to redesign the district’s systems of social, emotional and mental health supports and the district’s Read by 3 efforts.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a normal office or school setting. This position requires sitting, standing, lifting, and may require travel to campuses. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports directly to the Associate Superintendent of Academics and SEL and Executive Director of the Office of Innovation and Development. Incumbent will have regular interaction with Associate Superintendents, and other Austin ISD officers, supervisors, campus administrators, teachers, and other staff.
This position is funded through several private foundation grants.
Pay Grade: A5
Starting Salary: $77,250-88,838
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer