Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant II/Bookkeeper
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 3/19/2019
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical
- Administrative Assistant II/Bookkeeper JobID: 28642
- Position Type:
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical/Administrative Assistant
- Date Posted:
Oak Springs ES
- Date Available:
03/07/2019 For Fiscal Year:
- Screen and direct telephone calls and visitors (e.g., determine the nature of the visit or call and direct them to the appropriate person or take messages as necessary.)
- Process mail (e.g., read, sort, and distribute incoming mail, weigh outgoing mail and apply correct postage, make trips to the post office).
- Type memos, letters, forms, reports, etc. for supervisor, teachers, or other staff members.
- Copy or laminate materials for supervisor, or other staff members.
- Maintain files for correspondence, reports, reference material, and retrieve filed material as requested.
- Order, receive, and distribute office supplies; restock supply room as necessary.
- Schedule meetings and appointments, book conference rooms and order refreshments, prepare agenda and minutes.
- Make travel arrangements for staff attending conferences or out of town events.
- Perform specialized duties of office (e.g., receive maintenance requests and dispatch repairmen in maintenance office, or provide grant research.)
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
This position requires incumbent to have well developed, general office skills, such as typing and filing, as well as a thorough understanding of the policies and programs of the school or their central office department. Incumbent must be able to perform a wide variety of duties simultaneously and respond to interruptions. This position requires the ability to operate office equipment such as computers, calculators/adding machines, copiers, and Dictaphones. Incumbent should have strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of school policies and procedures are necessary to respond to inquiries from parents, teachers, students, administrators and/or staff members. Prefer incumbent type accurately at 35 words per minute. Proven bookkeeping skills (must have a minimum score of 70 on the bookkeeping test) administered by the Department of Human Resources, Classified Office). Incumbent must be proficient in computer word processing applications. Incumbent must be proficient in checking, posting, and counting funds.
Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students. Incumbent must possess excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Incumbent is a senior-level position and primarily performs a wide range of secretarial or clerical duties, and may perform complex bookkeeping procedures in a school office setting. At the Elementary School level, incumbent is responsible for school payrolls and double entry bookkeeping which includes accounting for the school Activity and Grant funds. Time on the job is spread among assigned duties and typically, no single duty accounts for more than 40 percent of the incumbent’s time on the job. Incumbent must exercise judgment in answering questions, applying school or office policies to specific situations, determining types and quantities of supplies to order, and maintaining confidentiality.
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is generally performed in a standard office environment or in a school office. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
Incumbent is supervised by a campus and responds to requests from faculty, staff, parents, and the general public. Work is reviewed and proofread by supervisor or other staff. Incumbent will have contact with faculty and staff, co-workers, and the general public. The purpose of this contact is to give and receive information (e.g., answer questions, take messages, help fill out forms, and schedule meetings).
Pay Grade: CT6
Starting Salary: $15.86/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer