Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 7/8/2020
03 - Professional: Central Office
- Accountant II JobID: 34014
- Position Type:
03 - Professional: Central Office/Accountant
- Date Posted:
Finance For Fiscal Year:
- Review reports and other documentation for propriety, timeliness, accuracy, and compliance with District, State, and Federal policies, laws and regulations.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of financial statements to assist Austin ISD administrators’ use in decision-making and review of operations.
- Assist in establishing accounting policies and procedures for the department.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks such as reconciling bank statements, recording transactions and accruals, maintaining and monitoring the general ledger.
- Assist in preparation of budgets.
- Assist in establishing and implementing staff training and development.
- Perform special projects assigned by supervisor, including special reporting, investigation requests and development of accounting systems.
- Provide information to Austin ISD personnel and outside organizations and agencies.
- Receive, address, and respond to correspondence and phone calls from teachers, principals, and other administrators, vendors and outside agencies and organizations.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, accounting, or related field with at least three (3) years of additional related experience. Four years of accounting experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Prefer incumbent to be a CPA, but certification is not required.
This position requires thorough knowledge of governmental accounting policies, procedures, practices and requirements including District, State and Federal laws and regulations. Incumbent
must be proficient in operating standard office equipment and pertinent software applications. In order to interact with various levels of personnel the Applicant must be able to read, write and converse fluently in English.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position oversees accounting and record keeping activities. The most difficult aspect of this position is applying the knowledge described above to daily work situations. The range of accounting requirements and the frequency with which they change can make it difficult to know how to interpret laws, regulations and policies and apply them to specific situations.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position involves working in a standard office environment, which may be crowded and congested with considerable interfering noise levels. Computer use is required, and prolonged use may result in repetitive hand motion. Regular attendance is required for this position. Additional hours may be required to assist in meeting department and/or Austin ISD deadlines.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the position supervisor or staff administrator. Incumbent receives general instructions regarding the scope of and approach to projects or assignments, but procedures and techniques are left to his or her discretion. Incumbent is expected to work with a reasonable degree of independence. Contact is with other employees within the finance department and other school departments. Purpose of contact is to exchange information, coordinate activities, solve problems, and negotiate solutions within Austin ISD policy guidelines.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: NIS 9
Starting Salary: $23.42
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer