Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Lead Designer to join our newly created Consumer Financials team as part of the Patient Experience organization. In this role, you’ll work closely with other designers, cross-functional teams, clients and most importantly patients to reimagine billing and payment experience.
You are passionate and have experience leading consumer-oriented design initiatives that have large scale impact to both delight consumers and achieve meaningful business outcomes. You have mastered a broad set of user experience methods and skills to bring to life your amazing designs. You are driven to ensure your vision is in the hands of real people. You seek out complex, detailed problem spaces to work in while also thinking about the bigger picture and connecting it to a larger strategy. You advocate for the needs of the user, understand the desired business outcomes and can demonstrate the measurable impact your work makes. You bring curiosity, collaborative excellence, empathy, and a sense of humor to everything you do.
Our Consumer Financials team is transforming how patients understand healthcare costs and pay for their medical bills. We’re making patient billing a modern consumer experience and ensuring that patients’ online touchpoints are an extension of their relationship with their provider’s practice.
- Identify and frame user-centered problems effectively
- Plan and execute your own user research and coordinate with specialized researchers on larger projects
- Draft UX workflows that can guide detailed Agile design and development
- Create low- to high-fidelity designs / prototypes to communicate concepts and ideas
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in UX design
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Portfolio of work demonstrating solid information architecture, workflow design, and great interaction design skills
- Outstanding storytelling & presentation skills
- Interest in developing a deep understanding of how patients interact with the US healthcare system
- Our Purpose: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high quality and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Austin, TX. Our beautiful office is the renovated Seaholm Power Plant, located across the street from the new Central Library and Lady Bird Lake.
- Our Culture: If you’re curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you’ve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments, and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
email@example.com for assistance.
United by our mission and driven by our entrepreneurial spirit, our work at athenahealth is collaborative, transformative, and above all, it’s meaningful. Our employees take pride in using technology and data-driven insights to inspire changes that will make the U.S. healthcare system better for everyone, including your friends, family and maybe even you.
Notice to Job Seekers/Job Candidates: Recruitment Fraud Alert
Please be aware of questionable job offers that are not affiliated with athenahealth.
athenahealth has been made aware of unauthorized career opportunities offered by individuals posing as representatives of larger U.S. companies, including athenahealth. The fictitious jobs are advertised on employment-search websites, such as Indeed.com and Craigslist.com, and prospective employees are required to share their personal and financial information (e.g. credit card, bank information), provide copies of their government-issued identification, and/or send money for application fees, processing charges or work permits.
The victims who are told they are "hired" are often instructed to deposit a check (which is later returned as fraudulent) into their own account and to forward overpayment to individuals - usually via wire transfer.
Important information for job seekers:
- athenahealth has a formal application process and we do not request you to interview on a Google Hangout or via text messaging.
- athenahealth will never request money for the opportunity to apply or work for athenahealth.
- athenathealth does not require completion of tax forms, bank account or credit card information as part of the recruiting process.
If you feel that you have been a victim of such a scam, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org