Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
iOS Developer (Lead Member Technical Staff)
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for an iOS Developer to join our Epocrates team. You’ll be working on Epocrates, the most trusted mobile medical app in the US, serving as an indispensable daily tool for 50% of the doctors in the US. You’ll be joining an existing team of entrepreneurs and talented engineers, UXers and product people working to ship value every sprint.
The right candidate should have a track record in building and shipping mobile applications and be comfortable in uncharted product territory. Startup experience is a plus.
The Team: Epocrates, Inc., an athenahealth company, is recognized for developing the #1 medical application among U.S. physicians for clinical content, practice tools, and health industry engagement at the point of care. Epocrates has established a loyal network of more than one million health care professionals, including 50 percent of U.S. physicians, who routinely use its intuitive solutions to help streamline workflow and improve patient care.
[Primary Function] Technical Execution
- Create modular user interfaces that work on IOS
- Participate in Agile planning, story pointing and ceremonies
Contributions to the Team
- Volunteer for work in the backlog and commit to quality delivery; Coordinate efforts across the team to ensure completion and effectiveness
- Drive self-organization; help determine how the team functions in collaboration with your peers
Cross functional Coordination and Communication
- Work collaboratively across the Technology and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- Share business and technical learnings with the broader engineering and product organization, while adapting approach for different audiences
- 8-11 years of engineering experience in an engineering role
- Expert understanding of Swift and Objective-C
- In depth understanding of Apple recommended guidelines and best practices for coding.
- Knowledge of design patterns such as MVC and MVVM
- Skilled at writing Unit and Automation tests
- Strong sense of good Application UI Design.
- Experience with firebase, fabric, crashlytics.
- Experience with analysing and fixing crash issues in the app.
- Knowledge of modern programming languages such as: Java, Node, Spring, Hibernate, RESTful API
- Experience with deploying and maintaining services in public cloud like AWS is a Plus
- Knowledge of microservices architecture, messaging system (RabbitMQ or Kafka) and docker is a plus
- Experience in an Agile environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is located in downtown Austin, TX in the historic Seaholm Power Plant building.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
email@example.com for assistance.
United by our mission and driven by our entrepreneurial spirit, our work at athenahealth is collaborative, transformative, and above all, it’s meaningful. Our employees take pride in using technology and data-driven insights to inspire changes that will make the U.S. healthcare system better for everyone, including your friends, family and maybe even you.
Notice to Job Seekers/Job Candidates: Recruitment Fraud Alert
Please be aware of questionable job offers that are not affiliated with athenahealth.
athenahealth has been made aware of unauthorized career opportunities offered by individuals posing as representatives of larger U.S. companies, including athenahealth. The fictitious jobs are advertised on employment-search websites, such as Indeed.com and Craigslist.com, and prospective employees are required to share their personal and financial information (e.g. credit card, bank information), provide copies of their government-issued identification, and/or send money for application fees, processing charges or work permits.
The victims who are told they are "hired" are often instructed to deposit a check (which is later returned as fraudulent) into their own account and to forward overpayment to individuals - usually via wire transfer.
Important information for job seekers:
- athenahealth has a formal application process and we do not request you to interview on a Google Hangout or via text messaging.
- athenahealth will never request money for the opportunity to apply or work for athenahealth.
- athenathealth does not require completion of tax forms, bank account or credit card information as part of the recruiting process.
If you feel that you have been a victim of such a scam, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org