Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Boon Group, Inc. - An AssuredPartners subsidiary
A Snapshot of TBG
The Boon Group is a third party administrator with 30+ years of experience in providing employee benefits, insurance products and services to government contractors and commercial businesses. We have evolved into a national enterprise, becoming the industry leader in providing affordable benefit solutions as well as worksite wellness programs and occupational health services, which are provided through our company, Healthy Achievers, Inc.
Headquartered by the 360 Bridge, we offer exciting career opportunities in the increasingly dynamic field of employee benefits. Opportunities include competitive pay and great benefits in a friendly and casual environment. We are in high growth mode and looking to add new talent across all departments of our expanding organization.
The Big Picture
The Accountant will be assigned specific accounting tasks including the duties noted below. The position works closely with other accounting personnel as well as internal departments. The Accountant will work under guided supervision.
The Day to Day
- Review and reconcile daily banking activity
- Maintain general ledgers as assigned
- Compiles and analyzes financial information necessary to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts
- Reconciles accounts, including sub-ledger and general ledger accounts
- Reconciles and balances bank statements
- Researches and corrects accounting discrepancies
- Analyzes and prepares monthly reports
- Prepare ad Hoc analysis as requested
- Assists with department overflow and maintains flexibility regarding work schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Right Person for the Job has…
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be accurate and detail-oriented
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be organized and to multi-task
- Ability to work under and meet deadlines
- Expert computer skills needed with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and the Internet
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience in MS Excel spreadsheet development
- Experience with Sage 100 ERP preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. You must be authorized to work in the U.S. without any sponsorship now and in the future.