Aspire Senior Home Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aspire Senior Home Health Care
- 05-Aug-2019 (MST)
- UT, USA
- Part Time
Sign on Bonus
Position: Registered Nurse in Davis County - Part Time
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN, PHN preferred.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of practice.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience preferred.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Good driving record.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountable
1. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and standards for home health nursing.
- Performs comprehensive assessments of client status, including physical, psychosocial, and environmental parameters.
- Completes comprehensive assessments including OASIS data set within forty-eight (48) hours of referral for speech therapy unless other arrangements are made.
- Develops and/or follows an individualized Plan of Care that incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings.
- Provides skilled interventions with a focus for achieving realistic client outcomes within a specified time period.
- Reports changes and information necessary to modify and update the care plan to reflect progress towards goals (outcomes).
2. Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to personal and legal scope of practice:
- Assessment skills as applied to the client, family/support system, and environment.
- Teaching skills according to the client's needs and within the context of the client's environment, value system, and physical/emotional status.
- Medication administrations.
3. Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences.
4. Communicates effectively and in accordance with Agency requirements.
- Reports significant changes in client status to physician and other members of the team in a timely manner consistent with client needs.
- Maintains client records showing systematic assessment, planning intervention,
- Participates in team meetings and clarifies individualized reporting responsibilities with all new assignments.
- Documents legibly and according to Agency documentation guidelines and standards.
- Follows Agency guidelines for completion of forms, reflecting the orders and care plan. Submits forms weekly'including all communication and coordination.
5. Initiates actions to improve the quality of patient care. Takes appropriate actions independently and responsively in home care situations. Initiates referrals as needed to other health team members when delegated by the Case Manager.
6. Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
7. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by complying with established policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
- Assesses environmental safety and takes initiative to prevent accidents and promote safety.
- Notifies supervisor of need for review and/or training related to equipment, procedures, or safety/infection control practices.
8. Participates in ongoing, professional self-development.
- Participates in all mandatory education per Agency guidelines.
- Identifies needs for personal professional growth.
- Demonstrates competency in areas of assignment or identifies the need for additional training (pediatrics, infusion, specialized equipment, etc.).
9. Supervises applicable home care team members as delegated by RN Case Manager.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Part time position available in Davis County