Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Application Engineer (7421#)
Job Reference #: 7421
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
- Leverage experience, subject matter expertise, and customer-relationship skills to assist in growing the ANSYS software business by proactively helping customers deploy ANSYS technology to deliver on their key business initiatives.
- Execute and lead business development projects that deliver business value for ANSYS at the Sector/Country or Division level.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to create solutions to complex customer problems that drive software revenue.
- Articulate ANSYS’s value proposition which may encompass its entire suite of products; the presentations must affirm the sales message, differentiate ANSYS, and leave a strong and positive impression with Executive level audiences that ANSYS’s technology can help deliver on their key business initiatives.
- Execute and lead multiple high profile business development projects and analysis of complex technical problems that deliver business value for the client as well as a positive impact for ANSYS at the Sector/Country or Divisional level.
- Draw from simulation experience and expertise to provide best practices that demonstrate a clear path for customers to drive more value from ANSYS; collaborate effectively to transfer product knowledge and best practices to customers and the Application Engineering team.
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the products, consulting and training offerings, pre-sales/sales enablement, and professional growth.
- Actively participate in the development and mentoring of team members.
- Master ’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, and three (3) years of experience in a related position.
- Alternate Acceptable Education and Work Experience Requirement: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, and five (5) years of experience in a related position.
- Work experience or academic coursework must have included:
- two (2) years of manager-level or senior engineer-level work experience in application engineering, customer support, customer consulting services, or related customer-facing activities;
- experience in fluid mechanics, heat transfer physics, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and electronics thermal management;
- experience with application of computational fluid dynamics simulation for package, board, and system level modeling;
- experience leading and managing engineering projects and mentoring team members;
- experience applying engineering practices and product development for customers in the electronics industry;
- and experience providing product presentations to internal teams and customers.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 60% of the time.
LOCATION: Austin, TX
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
• Customer focus
• Results and Accountability
• Transparency and Integrity
• Sense of urgency
• Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.