American Dental Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oral Surgery Dental Assistant $2,000 Sign On Bonus
at American Dental Partners
At Carus Dental, we’re proud to serve the communities of Austin and Houston with a personalized approach to oral health, focusing on prevention and education. Our West Lake Hills practice is seeking an experienced Oral Surgery Dental Assistant to join their team! As a valued member of our team, you’ll play a key role in our success while being supported by opportunities for leadership, professional development, and collaboration.
**$2,000 Sign-On Bonus**
Enjoy a generous Sign-On Bonus when you start your role with our team!
As an Oral Surgery Dental Assistant with our practice, you will be responsible for assisting our Specialty Doctors in delivering quality care to patients.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a team environment, have a “can do” personality, and be able to complete their assigned work in a timely fashion. In addition, a Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology, instruments, maintenance, and proper tray setups.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Properly take, develop and mount all radiographs.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas/carts and dental related facility inventory.
- Uphold a positive rapport with staff members and patients at all times.
- Ability to identify and explain chart sticker numbers as they relate to financial arrangements and specialty referral.
- Demonstrate safe and cost effective practices when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support shared vision and values.