American Dental Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full-time Oral Surgery/Dental Assistant
at American Dental Partners
Carus Dental, established in 1983 in Austin, TX, has always been committed to the traditional doctor-patient relationship and to the highest quality in dental care and service. We currently have approximately 48 doctors on staff across our 21 practices in Austin, Houston and Central Texas. We offer dental services in general dentistry, oral surgery, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, endodontics, peridodontics and prosthodontics in some or all of our practices. Carus Dental has been accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care since 2000.
As a Dental Assistant with our practice, you will be responsible for assisting our providers in delivering quality care to patients.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a team environment, have a “can do” personality, and be able to complete their assigned work in a timely fashion. In addition, a Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology, instruments, maintenance, and proper tray setups.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Properly take, develop and mount all radiographs.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas/carts and dental related facility inventory.
- Uphold a positive rapport with staff members and patients at all times.
- Ability to identify and explain chart sticker numbers as they relate to financial arrangements and specialty referral.
- Demonstrate safe and cost effective practices when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support shared vision and values.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment. To learn more about American Dental Partners and Carus Dental please visit us at www.amdpi.com and www.carusdental.com.