Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
This position provides leadership for the planning, delivery and monitoring of outreach efforts, family support services, common program plan and advocacy tactics outlined in the Alzheimer’s Association’s strategic Plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide leadership and oversight to ensure effective integration of strategic tactics to support common program and public policy plans, including planning, promoting, budgeting, data analysis and evaluation
* Provide supervision to community outreach position
* Provide oversight for the implementation of early stage programs, community outreach, physician outreach initiatives and professional training
* Manage ambassadors and local advocates involvement in efforts to support Association’s public policy initiatives
* Provide leadership to enable timely and responsible decision-making
* Manage grant writing, acquisitions, and reporting
* Develop and maintain relationships with related health care and social service providers
* Develop and maintain community partnerships
* Publically represent the Association with the media and external constituency groups
* Provide and/or review content for Chapter communications including, Chapter publications, media announcements on Alzheimer’s disease, caregiver issues, and programs and services
* Recruit, train, coach and supervise Chapter program staff and program volunteers
* Assure compliance with all Association policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements
* Leads staff in the achievement of the Alzheimer's Association's objectives to improve ADRD diagnosis, disclosure, and care, through a consultative and collaborative approach to Health Systems and their staff that increases the uptake of effective clinical practices.
* Leads staff in the development, prioritization, and cultivation of a Health Systems partnership portfolio, with an emphasis on systems with the greatest potential to impact the Association's Health Systems goals.
* Bachelors’s degree preferred in public health, social work, counseling or a related field.
* 5-7 years of leadership experience in program administration including needs assessment, program development, delivery, management and evaluation.
* 5-7 years of experience supervising professional staff and volunteers.
* Experience with strategic planning, budget development and staff management.
* Knowledge of applicable healthcare delivery systems and issues such as: Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, HMOs, long term care insurance, etc.
* Knowledge/experience with dementia/Alzheimer’s issues
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, Google and Power Point.
* Excellent writing skills.
* Commitment to teamwork and ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff and external contacts
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities
* Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and analyze growth opportunities
* Ability to coach and develop staff and volunteers
* Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences
* Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
* Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
* Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as required
* Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
* Ability to operate designated office equipment
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds