Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Communications Manager
at Alzheimer's Association
The Digital Communications Manager will create traditional, digital, web and social content in alignment with the Alzheimer’s Association brand under the direction of the Director of Communications- Texas. Ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who will manage social media efforts, edit websites and blogs, administrate weekly e-news, create strategic email communications, monitor SEO analytics, manage digital ads, and increase web and social media traffic.
A wide degree of professional skill & creativity is expected. It is critical that this individual is a self-starter, problem-solver, strong writer and creative thinker. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced, complex, multi-faceted environment both independently and in a team environment with consistent feedback from various departments. The ability to multi-task yet still meet critical deadlines is a must.
The Digital Communications Manager’s primary objective is to increase awareness and understanding of what the Alzheimer’s Association does in Texas to several key target audiences: media outlets, donors, volunteers, caregivers, elected officials and the community in general.
Candidate must be fluent in Spanish and able to accomplish all tasks in English and Spanish.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Update chapter websites in alignment with current campaigns and program initiatives
* Develop and maintain a robust social media calendar which optimizes chapter content and also leverages seasonal/holiday/calendar opportunities
* Create social media content and monitor social media networks
* Management and distribution of HTML-based messages through Convio and third-party programs
* Planning, development and execution of digital programs and campaigns, including online advertising, website strategy and design, social media, mobile, and deliverables
* Identify additional opportunities for innovative and engaging content for social platforms including videos, graphics, polls, charts, etc.
* Utilize analytics to boost engagement and followers on all digital platforms, as well as use metrics to measure success, shifting strategy when necessary
* Owning and maintaining site analytics, metrics, and campaign reporting. In-depth knowledge of SEO and Google AdWords programs
* Work closely with Visual Communications Manager to create visually compelling and shareable graphics that are on brand and on message
* Act as the Association’s representative with the media for specific chapter. Work collaboratively with internal and external partners, clients, and the media.
* Assist Media Relations Manager and Communication Coordinator with spokesperson development and traditional media requests as needed.
* Coach and assist staff and volunteer spokespersons on messaging as they prepare for interviews or other media opportunities.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, or related field
* Three to five years’ experience in the field of digital communications including website updating, social media platforms, analytic tools, and other technologies
* General knowledge of Public Relations and Media Engagement, experience with AP Style
* Entrepreneurial strategist that consistently seeks and acts on opportunities to increase the organization’s digital communication presence
* Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, with a high level of creativity and self-direction
* Deep understanding of digital marketing and digital production
* Proven experience delivering effective and innovative digital campaigns
* Proven experience delivering a variety of digital assets, including rich media online ads, micro sites, and social media applications
* Experience managing successful social media campaigns, and a solid understanding of social marketing
* Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data
* Strong management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
* Solid understanding of graphic design and branding principles
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative
* Experience with WordPress and other CMS a plus
* Knowledge of Convio/Luminate/Kentico a plus
* Must be fluent in English and Spanish