Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
The Communications Specialist will provide administrative support to the Communications Department in the areas of public relations media outreach, spokesperson database management and project management. Specialist must exhibit strong organizational, communications, and project management skills and will be responsible for providing quality and efficient public relations services to multi-faceted staff across the state of Texas.
A wide degree of professional skill & creativity is expected. It is critical that this individual is a self-starter, problem-solver, strong writer and creative thinker. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced, complex, multi-faceted environment both independently and in a team environment with consistent feedback from various departments. The ability to multi-task yet still meet critical deadlines is a must.
The Communications Specialist’s primary objective is to increase awareness and understanding of what the Alzheimer’s Association does in Texas to several key target audiences: media outlets, donors, volunteers, caregivers, elected officials and the community in general.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Create and manage a communications calendar
* Manage and track all communications requests submitted by staff across the region and provide timely updates on project status
* Assist marketing and communications staff with promotional materials including newsletters, ads, brochures, and web and social media content
* Assist Media Relations Manager with press release content and distribution
* Assist in the development of a speakers’ bureau of trained volunteers, Ambassadors, researchers, and staff that can speak on behalf of the Alzheimer’s Association and represent the organization at national, regional, and community events
* Act as the Association’s representative with the media for specific chapter. Work collaboratively with internal and external partners, clients, and the media.
* Track and document media citations and impressions and compare to report from national office; submit stories not picked up by national service
* Search for current news and clip relevant articles to circulate to appropriate staff
* Pitch news stories to the media
* Provide administrative support to Communications Department, as needed
* Any other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative
* Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required
* Working knowledge of most prominent social media platforms
* Experience with WordPress and other CMS a plus
* Knowledge of Convio/Luminate/Kentico a plus
* Excellent oral and written communication
* Ability to multi-task
* Excellent time management skills required
* Ability to travel across the region as needed
* Ability to work outside of regular business hours as needed