Alliance Transportation Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Traffic Engineering Analyst
at Alliance Transportation Group, Inc.
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Traffic Engineering Analyst performs professional engineering work by applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out routine engineering tasks under supervision.
The Traffic Engineering Analyst:
• Performs traffic and transportation systems analysis, traffic impact analysis, and corridor studies.
• Provides support to the professional engineering staff in the development of traffic and roadway plans and design.
• Applies prescribed methods to complete limited and specific portions of the broader assignment.
• Prepares preliminary analysis on a variety of technical tasks.
• Evaluates data to assist in creating solutions to transportation issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Degree in civil engineering, planning or related field.
• EIT certification or ability to acquire same within 3 months.
• 0-6 years of progressive experience performing engineering duties similar to those listed above. Particular consideration is given to experience with Traffic Impact Analysis, corridor mobility and long-term improvement analysis, and signal/electrical design.
• Knowledge of engineering software, programs, and methods used for duties described above.
• Experience using SYNCHRO, CORSIM, VISSIM and similar modeling software.
• Experience with CADD software such as Microstation.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with transportation manuals and regulations.