Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP of Engineering
- Job ID
- Product & Technology
- Product and Technology
- Full-Time Employee
The Vice President of Engineering leads AllClear ID’s global engineering organization to help the company achieve its bold mission of ending identity theft. This leader is ultimately responsible for the people, processes, finances, and other resources required for the successful implementation, delivery, and operation of robust, high quality, scalable, resilient, and secure software solutions. His/her organization will support the needs of the company’s multiple business verticals in bringing new products and services to markets and growing market share internationally. Criteria for success in this role include product quality, delivery efficiency, systems uptime, software resilience, innovative and pragmatic problem solving, and team health.
As a member of the company’s executive team, this leader will help set company strategy and deliver against the company’s strategic goals. This leader must be able to adjust priorities dynamically to adapt to the needs of the business and lead the global engineering organization to do so as well. This role requires an individual with the expertise and passion for creating industry leading software solutions with a team of world class engineers.
- Lead the sourcing, recruiting, hiring, management, and capability improvement of a diverse, global, world-class Engineering team, including outsource partners, and consulting / contract resources in all AllClear ID offices (currently Austin, TX and Oslo, Norway)
- Provide engineering guidance in the areas of techniques, tooling, problem-solving, documentation / specifications, product maintenance, languages, and use of third-party and Open Source products.
- Partner with product management and business stakeholders to create systems and controls to ensure compliance with security and privacy needs and quality standards.
- Ensure the company’s Software-Development-Lifecycle is documented, followed, and appropriately evolved to meet the needs of the engineering, operations, security, privacy, and product development needs of the business.
- Continuously improve the team's approach to architecture, development, and delivery along agile and CI/CD practices.
- Partner with technical leaders to ensure best technical decisions are being made for the near-term, as well as the future needs of the business.
- Provide leadership for AllClear ID's software engineers, engineering directors, architects, system operators, engineering specialists, and project management resources in their pursuit of developing consistent, scalable, resilient and secure solutions.
- Ensure the architecture, development, and delivery of excellent solutions which balance AllClear ID's requirements for high security with the need for usability and convenience.
- Work with the Product and Engineering Team to ensure development has the appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, tools, and resources to deliver high-quality releases.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Strong understanding of complex technology environments, tools, and processes
- Practical understanding of modern systems and data architectures, cloud platforms, virtualization technologies, DevOps
- Deep understanding of Agile operating models (such as Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, etc) and CI/CD practices
- Demonstrated ability in implementing CI/CD best practices
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability in challenging the status quo
- A proven track record of driving change
- Broad outlook on product development
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven track record accelerating business growth and engineering excellence
- Demonstrated people skills to relate well to people from various backgrounds and disciplines
- Demonstrated experience leading and mentoring software developers of varying skill levels
- A proven track record of teaching / motivating individuals to develop & implement new ways of thinking and doing business
- BS / MS in Engineering, Technical, or Scientific field or equivalent experience
- Minimum seven years of experience leading software teams and engineering organizations
- Experience running a multi-national (global) engineering organization is preferred
- Experience leading and mentoring software developers of varying backgrounds and skill levels
- Experience developing and implementing effective metrics to measure product delivery success
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with a product development group to build the right solution based on the product requirements
Join us at AllClear ID and enjoy the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits, Life & Disability Insurance, Flex-Spending & Health Savings Plans
- 401(k) Investment Plan
- Stock Options
- Commuter Benefits (heavily discounted parking, free transit passes)
- Gym Membership
- Paid Time Off
- Various Bonus Programs
- Free ID Theft and Credit Monitoring
- Integrity is paramount.
- Customer service above and beyond the expected.
- Have fun together as a company.
- We operate as one. We inspire one another to win.
- We take pride and ownership in all that we do.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
AllClear ID is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.