Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMT - PT - Houston
at Alere Medical
EMT - PT - HoustonMed-eScreen, an industry leading provider of on-site medical and drug screening services, is looking for detail oriented and experienced EMTs to join our expanding company. We work with the nation's largest construction management companies providing onsite medical and safety services. Our company prides itself on employing seasoned veterans of pre-hospital care thus ensuring our customers the very best in care and safety for their construction workers.
- Staff EMT provides first aid for injured construction workers, drug and alcohol testing, and additional administrative duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - (KEY ACTIVITIES)
- Responding to calls for assistance
- Administration of first aid and level-appropriate care according to State, Local and National guidelines
- Proper assessment of injuries and the coordination for appropriate transportation to medical facilities
- Effective communication with Safety Managers, EMS Personnel and Medical Facility Staff
- Assisting site Safety Personnel with safety related duties and inspections
- Detailed documentation of medical and safety related incidents
- Coordination with Safety Managers in maintaining the most safe and secure construction site environment
- Daily administration of site required drug and alcohol testing program
- Additional duties as directed by Med-eScreen management or client
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
· One year minimum active EMS experience
· Experience in construction, OSHA, or worker's compensation a plus
· Strong computer skills
· Flexible schedule
· Extreme attention to detail and on time scheduling
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Spanish a plus
· Med-eScreen medical treatment protocol
SPAN OF CONTROL / COMPLEXITY
LEADERSHIP / TALENT MANAGEMENT
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Current EMT certification (National or State), Paramedic (NRP) certification preferred
· OSHA30, or certification training will be provided
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Ability to climb stairs and ladders and possess no fear of heights
· Ability to function in extreme weather and temperature conditions, both hot and cold.
Abbott is an equal employment/affirmative action employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf