Aids service of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aids service of Austin
- 21-Feb-2019 to 30-Apr-2019 (CST)
- Austin, TX, USA
- 30k - 32k
- Full Time
The mission of AIDS Services of Austin is to enhance the health and well-being of the community and people affected by HIV and AIDS. For more than 31 years, ASA has provided a continuum of services to the greater Central Texas area and envisions a future of zero new HIV transmissions.
The Development Associate is an integral part of ASA's Development Department, aiding in the engagement of individuals and the community through mission-driven development activities. With guidance from the Associate Director of Development, the Development Associate facilitates and supports overall development operations with an emphasis on data entry, data reports, donor relations, and event support.
This job is for you if:
- You are looking for a unique opportunity to positively impact lives of ASA's clients while offering the opportunity to grow your experience in fundraising campaigns, gift processing, informed data analysis, events, and donor cultivation.
- Your attention to detail and can-do attitude will allow you to meet competing priorities of multiple campaigns in a fast-paced environment.
- As an essential part of the Development Team, your friendly and engaging demeanor will ensure successful connections, in person and online.
This position offers the unique opportunity to positively impact lives of ASA's clients while offering the opportunity to develop experience in fundraising campaigns, donor cultivation, gift processing, and informed data analysis.
Ideal Candidate Profile
You're mission driven: You're looking for a job that makes a difference. At ASA you will be an integral part of a group focused on helping our clients build healthier futures and reducing stigma for people affected by HIV/AIDS.
You're a collaborative self-starter: You work well independently and with others in various capacities. You use the team's interaction and input to drive you towards timely and effective results.
You're a networking rock star: You enjoy meeting various types of people from different backgrounds through attending events around our beautiful Austin community. You love representing your work through public speaking and engagement.
You nerd out about data: You think strategically about what our data tell us. The team relies on you and your data to capitalize on donor engagement.
You're organized: You are on top of your game with data and gift entry. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch. Your planner is your life and Post-it Notes are dear friends. You are able to handle stressful situations, time management, and goals like a boss!
A successful Development Associate must be willing and able to:
- Quickly and accurately enter donor and gift information.
- Eagerly and positively engage with members of the Austin community to discuss how ASA impacts our community.
- Work occasional nights and weekends.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality.
- Function within the Agency's policies and procedures as outlined in our Personnel Handbook.
- Associate's degree required; bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office required, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Preferred one year of experience working in a nonprofit development office, specifically in donor recognition, donor tracking, donor research and solicitation, direct fundraising, and/or event planning.
Brownie Points for:
- Experience working with vulnerable populations.
- Experience working in health, wellness, or nonprofit marketing.
- Experience with nonprofit CRM's.
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m weekdays and some weekends/evenings.