Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EAP Clinical Counselor
at Aetna Inc.
This role is office based in Austin, TX, Hartford, CT, or Sandy, UT.
The following schedules will be required and assigned based on business need:
Monday-Friday, 8:00am -4:30pm EST
Monday-Friday 11:30am -8pm EST
Responsible for provision of telephone-based consultation, counseling and informational services to members. Provides one-time or ongoing counseling and lifestyle management services, leveraging the outcomes tools in support of optimal care. Must hold a clinical independent license in their state.
Full or Part Time
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
Posting Job Title
EAP Clinical Counselor
Potential Telework Position
CT-Hartford, TX-Austin, UT-Sandy
Primary Location (City, State)
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Additional Job Information
EAP reimburses clinical staff license renewal yearly fees and we reimburse up to
$300 a year in CEU's and provide free CEU opportunities. Offers a supportive team
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and related services
- Assesses member’s immediate clinical needs and utilizes appropriate clinical tools to identify and provide services.
- Engages members and provides immediate support and assists with coping skills to address ongoing lifestyle management.
- Determines appropriate intervention, action steps in dealing with member’s situational concerns including members in crisis.
- Provides telephone counseling to individuals with a variety of presenting issues including but not limited to mental, emotional, disorders, conditions, addictions, lifestyle management and work-life concerns.
- Can consist of individual, joint or family sessions
- Can be stand alone or on-going sessions
- Provides clinical services utilizing a variety of advanced clinical assessments, therapeutic interventions and/or models, which supports the level of care and engagement of members and are in alignment with the member’s theory of change.
- Uses appropriate and acceptable judgment, clinical theories, knowledge, methods, ethics, and professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or biopsychosocial functioning of members.
-An independent clinical social work license is required (i.e. LPC, LMFT)
-Experienced and enjoys working with medicare, older adult and caregiver populations required
-Strong computer & literacy skills required
-Bilingual applicants preferred, not required
-1+ year of crisis intervention skills required
-Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence required
-1+ years of EAP, Behavioral Health or Social Services experience preferred
- Experience in handling mental health and psychiatric issues, family situations required
Benefits Management - Understanding Clinical Impacts, General Business - Consulting for Solutions, General Business - Maximizing Work Practices
Service - Creating a Differentiated Service Experience, Service - Demonstrating Service Discipline, Service - Working Across Boundaries
Minimum Functional Experience
Clinical / Medical - Direct patient care (hospital, private practice)
Minimum Technical Experience
Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word
Minimum Education Level
Mental Health - Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health - Licensed Mental Health Counseler, Mental Health - Licensed Professional Counselor
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.