Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Development Engineer
at Actian Corporation
The Software Development Engineer will be a part of a fast-paced engineering team responsible for the implementation of platform services in our data integration portfolio.
You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional agile team to design platform APIs and microservices for new or enhanced features and implementing those features iteratively. You will utilize development best practices and contribute to build and test automation as well as final deployment to ensure delivery of a high-quality offering. We are looking for motivated team players ready to improve their craft and learn new skills building modern apps in the cloud and beyond.
A strong academic background is key to success with solid coding foundation, a strong desire to learn new and better ways to write software, and good communication skills.
- Solve complex data problems using distributed micro-service architectures deployed in hybrid environments
- Leverage, promote and maintain high standards in design patterns and reuse in our code base
- Effectively perform requirements analysis, design, implementation, and validation as part of overall development process.
- Effectively evaluate and troubleshoot complex product issues to identify root cause(s) and resolve without detrimental side effects.
- Accredited university degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience writing service-oriented Java applications leveraging Spring
- Experience working with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with API design and consumption
- Understanding of security best practices such as OWASP Top 10
- Understanding of design patterns, abstraction layers, and code quality, and quality engineering practices
- Understanding of continuous integration and delivery patterns
Local candidates only. This position isn't eligible for relocation assistance. The company doesn't sponsor applicants for work visas.