Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Performance Engineering
at Actian Corporation
Actian is reaching new heights under the seasoned leadership and innovative prowess of some of the industry’s brightest minds. We have developed ground-breaking hybrid data solutions to enable digital transformation with global scale and reach. Actian has a well-rounded portfolio of products and solutions spanning data management, integration, and analytics, activating the value of hybrid data for enterprises in financial services, retail, telecommunications, media, healthcare, and manufacturing.
We are seeking a Director of Performance engineering who will lead a team and work with internal engineering groups and external constituencies to help us enhance and create superior products. Individuals who thrive in a fast paced, innovative environment and have an agile mindset and make an impact to both our business and products will be the right fit.
- Drive performance and scalability improvements to our products and platforms to ensure an enhanced user experience.
- Work on our flagship Data analytics platform built with the latest cloud-based technologies as well as areas that span all aspects of data storage, data movement and data analytics.
- Play a lead role designing performance test models, selecting appropriate tooling, running tests and analyzing results to identify problem areas, and solving issues in a hands-on way.
- Lead and mentor other teams and individuals in overall performance engineering discipline.
- Drive and interact with a global team to achieve goals and objectives.
Skills & Qualifications
- Hands on engineering leader with 15+ years software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading enterprise software performance, scalability and reliability efforts.
- Proven ability to design performance test models, analyze results and problem solve to achieve highly performant solutions.
- Understanding architectures from computing chips up to different storage, networks and systems.
- Experience with Load testing tools like JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.
- Demonstrable experience with monitoring tools and profilers.
- Experience in a large-scale SaaS, Docker, Kubernetes, and various/multiple cloud environments.
- Working experience with build environments, bug generation and tracking; experience with Jenkins is highly desirable.
- Experience with Databases and SQL, and various programming languages.
- Experience working in Agile teams with a CI/CD release process.
- B.S. Computer Science or similar degree required; M.S. preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change and manages ambiguity well.
- Ability to lead and mentor teams and individuals.