Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SQL Database Administrator
at A1 Placement
We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and have a deep desire to excel personally and professionally for a tech company in Austin. To be considered, you must be comfortable in any situation and proficient in all forms of communication. Specifically, the Database Administrator’s role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and continuously improve database needs while ensuring high levels of data security and availability.
- Review, validate and enhance logical database designs
- Responsible for securing, and maintaining the data structures used to store data for external customer’s databases.
- Review, validate and enhance logical database designs.
- Perform database administration activities (e.g., modifications, enhancements, expansions)
- Conduct production database performance monitoring and capacity planning
- Install, test and upgrade database releases and associated products
- Evaluate and recommend new database software, utilities, and tools
- Diagnose database-related issues (e.g., database outages, application, performance)
- Provide technical support for disaster recovery design and testing
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures
- Provides in-depth technical expertise related to the ongoing maintenance and support of the database software.( ie: SQL SERVER.).
- Miscellaneous other duties as may be assigned.
- Lead the development of database standards and procedures.
- Daily interaction with clients on divisional and enterprise wide projects and peer resources in other technical support organizations (e.g. Professional Services, Technical Support, Training.).
- DBA supports databases for applications that could impact the financial and regulatory compliance of external customers.
- Knowledge of the systems development life cycle a plus.
- Requires excellent analytical, communication and consultative skills, as well as sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT management and staffs.
- 5+ years as a production support SQL Server DBA in all aspects of DBA and Database infrastructure tasks.
- High level of experience with Database monitoring and performance tuning.
- Experience managing High volume transaction processing environments, with 24/7 support and 99% uptime requirements.
- Experience with AlwaysOn Availability.
- Experience performing in a Metrics oriented and SLA driven operational support.
- Strong hands-on understanding of MS SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016 installation, deployment, patching, monitoring, security and user management.
- Strong working knowledge of Database partitioning, PCI compliance controls within the database and SharePoint.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Server high availability.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL server performance tuning and query optimization.
- MS SQL server certification a major plus.
- ITIL Foundation certified preferred.