A Place for Mom, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Living Advisor
at A Place for Mom, Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Senior Living Advisors (SLAs) are inside sales representatives responsible for educating families on senior care options and referring them to customer communities that match their needs. The Senior Living Advisor refers pre-screened internet leads and follows up with the family throughout the search process. Senior Living Advisors are also responsible for coordinating with customers to ensure timely follow-up to referred families. Our SLAs act as the liaison between families in need and the senior housing communities or care providers.
SLAs are required to be knowledgeable about senior living options in their area, and to develop excellent relationships with these customers; regular visits to tour properties are required in order to make high-quality referrals/matches between families and customers. SLAs primary focus is referring and moving families into appropriate customer communities by understanding a family’s unique needs and demonstrating an intimate knowledge of customers within the market.
The success of an SLA is measured by reaching daily call benchmarks, scheduling tours at customer communities, and converting leads into customer move-ins resulting in achievement of their monthly sales quota. Success is also measured by adherence to and full adoption of APFM values in all areas of the job. The APFM Values are:
- Focus on excellence
- Act with integrity and assume positive intent
- Drive outcomes every day with passion and a sense of mission
- Make the lives of our families and customers better, easier, and more successful
- Realize the full potential in each team member; work as a single supportive team
- Incorporate APFM Values into each customer and co-worker interaction.
- Build relationships and educate families over the phone on referral process. Ensure families understand the value of A Place for Mom throughout their senior living search.
- Understand family needs and refer appropriate customer communities.
- Manage the sales process. Guide families through their search process with strong post-referral follow up with families and customer communities.
- Understand customer community offerings, resident requirements, and sales process.
- Manage lead pipeline on a daily basis and accurately record in the Company’s CRM to ensure up-to-date family information and status, as well as maintain accurate forecasts.
- Structured, pre-scheduled training attendance is mandatory.
- Communicate daily via phone and email to families and customers.
- Conduct customer knowledge visits to develop and maintain relationships with customers in the community.
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly sales goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience with documented history of success positioning and selling solutions to businesses or consumers in a quota or metrics driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess family situations and quickly develop solution based upon family needs.
- Documented history of ability to develop and maintain good working relationships in a multi-stakeholder relationship.
- Ability to deliver results while working in a highly-independent environment.
- Past history of senior care industry preferred, or you must be willing to learn about senior care.
- Ability to multi-task; simultaneously talk on the phone and take notes on the computer.
- Strong computer and typing skills necessary, including Word and Excel.
- Must have reliable transportation to visit customer communities.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Home Office and Profile Requirements
- SLAs are required to have a designated home office space, allowing for privacy during working hours, as well as a high speed internet connection.
- It is expected that SLAs manage a daily schedule that is free from distractions and interruptions. Taking care of children or audible pets is not permissible during work hours.
- You will be provided with a laptop fully loaded with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Five 9 VOIP phone system, access to our CRM system and VPN so that you may connect to our intranet.
- The Company’s internet-based model requires that SLAs feature their likeness in a standard format on the Company’s websites, in communications with families and on LinkedIn to underscore confidence and trust in the real and local SLAs we employ.
The position is a salaried, non-exempt position. The position earns a base salary with uncapped bonus potential. Working hours are scheduled at 40 hours per week that include some nights and weekends; overtime is paid for time worked over 40 hours per week (or as applicable by state law), which should be approved in advance by the manager.
You will work with your Regional Manager to establish a full-time, 40 hour work schedule. There are a number of shifts available, including:
- Normal business hours on 5 consecutive days (Mon – Fri, Wed – Sun, Sat – Wed, etc.)
- 1 – 9pm on 5 consecutive days
- 4 10-hour shifts
A Place for Mom is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and valuing a diverse work team. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all applicants and employees, and to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotions, and treatment on the job, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration, visa sponsorship not available. Completion of a full-background check is required prior to employment.