Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
|Post Date||12 / 05 / 2018|
|Category||Community Support Opportunities|
Enlivant is seeking a Chef at Wildflower Place in Temple, TX
At our core, we believe the care and service for America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation, but also an honor and a privilege. By combining our fundamental values with our mission to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities, we seek to earn the right to be viewed as the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. We employ compassionate people with integrity who embody excellence and promote these values.
Enlivant and its subsidiaries operate more than 230 assisted living residences comprising more than 11,000 resident units across the United States. Enlivant assisted living residences are intimate, vibrant communities where our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion. Enlivant employs nearly 7,000 people.
We welcome you to become a part the team today and discover the fantastic career opportunities we have available. Join us on our quest to become the nation’s most trusted senior living provider.
We will look to you to promote our CHIEF core values of compassion, humility, integrity, excellence and fun. The Chef is responsible for dining services at an Enlivant community.
- Responsible for overall kitchen management including food ordering, receiving and inventory, budgeting, scheduling, and oversight of Dining Assistants
- Food preparation and plating
- Maintain kitchen sanitation and safety standards, ensuring that all work/storage areas are clean, free of hazards and properly managed
- Manage resident food preferences by capturing feedback from various residents and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with state, local and regulatory agencies as they relate to food service
- Additional duties as assigned
- A minimum of one (1) year culinary experience
- Possess a High School diploma or GED
- Demonstrate understanding of state sanitation codes
- Ability to lift 30 pounds regularly and do occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- The ability to stand for at least 80% of the scheduled shift
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
- Must align with our mission, vision, values
- Culinary experience in senior living or skilled nursing a plus
- Hospitality and supervisory experience a plus
- Possess time management and organizational skills
- ServSafe Managers Certificate (obtain within 90 days of employment)
- The ideal candidate will uphold the principles of our mission; to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Exemplify and be an influential team player
- Actively express compassion for residents, staff, and guests
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or other prohibited basis.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.